|The garden shed in its original place was too far from the house to be useful.|
|Clearing out the new space for the shed. we took out the vines, |
shrubs and a couple of small trees.
We took the paint to the hazardous waste dump. Then we emptied the shed and put the stuff we didn’t have any use for out on the curb on a Saturday. Not an hour later a guy trolling the neighborhood, put all the stuff, including the big truck toolbox, in his truck--all while he was talking on his cell phone.
|Jacking up the front of the shed to place PVC pipe |
under the skids.
|Threading the braided rope through the holes in the skids.|
Now front of the shed was up on pipes, which allowed the skids to slide with less friction. We removed the jack and it was time to start towing. We threaded a heavy, braided rope through the holes in the skids. We were underway--albeit very slowly!
|Making our way slowly to the shed's final destination.|
|Now we were ready to pull the back of the shed into|
place. The van pulled from the other side of the trees.
|Lifting the back of the shed to place the heavy cement |
blocks under the skids.
1) We smoothed out the old shed location and we’ll let Mother Nature take it over, unless invasives like Chinese tallow trees, taro or wedelia move in. I’ll remove those.
2) We put a cinderblock step in place and four stepping-stones and then spread arborist’s woodchips in the area.
3) We transferred the tools from the garage and the pots from the garden bench area.
4) We also decided to move the potting bench area away from garage wall. Time will tell if this works out.
5) I had also started to build a compost pile near the new shed site, but I decided that it was a little too close to the shed, so I moved it. Before I remulched the area in front of the shed, I removed much of the old mulch that had turned into soil, which I added this to the new compost pile as well.
|We cleaned the shed inside and out.|
|The pots can now be stored out of the weather AND out of the garage.|
|The trays and tubs will keep the floor clean and keep the tools in place.|
|Just behind the garage, the shed has now become useful. Yay!!|
Green Gardening Matters,